‘Swanton’, Victoria Street Strathfield was built for Stanley Vickery, a prominent grazier and stockbreeder, in 1914 from a design by architect, Harry Chambers Kent.
The construction of the brick residence of over 9 rooms was approved by Strathfield Council in May 1914 for owner Stanley Vickery Esq. The estimated cost of the construction was £3500. The builder was Kell & Rigby.
‘Swanton’ was demolished in the 1960s and subdivided. The road ‘cul-de-sac’ Summit Place was created in its place.