The Strathfield South Bowling Club was established in 1954 with temporary green at 10 Wakeford Rd Strathfield.
A portion of Thew Reserve in Augusta St South Strathfield secured for permanent site for club through lease arrangement with Strathfield Council in 1956.
Building of two lawn greens completed in 1957. Clubhouse completed and opened in 1957. An extension to the clubhouse was opened in 1962. The Club ceased operations in 2010. The clubhouse was redeveloped and now is known as The Dutton Centre, a community facility.