17 Meredith Street formerly contained an interwar styled house. The house was built on parts lots 1-2 section 13 of the 1878 Village of Homebush Estate.
By 1918, a house ‘Cliefden’ was built and owned by Albert Zeitler, an estate agent, and his wife Helena. By 1921, the house then known as 7 Meredith St was owned by Jane and William Alexander. The house remained in the Alexander family until 1993, when it was sold.
The house was demolished in order to build a tennis court, which was attached to ‘Edensor’ 19-21 Meredith Street. The land on which the court was built was sold in 2015 and has been demolished for the construction of a new house.
17 Meredith Street Homebush (advertisement for sale 2015) , viewed at Realestate.com
Department of Valuer-General, Valuation Lists, Municipality of Strathfield
Strathfield Council Building Register
Sands and Sydney Suburban Directory