By Cathy Jones
Abbotsford Road is built on the ‘Village of Homebush’ Estate, a 1878 subdivision of the Underwood Estate. Part of the grounds of the house ‘Inglemere’ (now 2 Abbotsford Road) were subdivided and offered for sale in April 1928. Lots 1 & 2 faced Abbotsford Road and are now occupied by houses at 4 and 6 Abbotsford Road.
‘Beechworth’ 6 Abbotsford Road is built on Lot 1 of land subdivided in 1928 from part of the grounds of the house ‘Inglemere’ 2 Abbotsford Road. The land was sold for £618 in September 1928 to Leslie Scott, a manufacturer. Scott received building approval in August 1928 to build a brick dwelling of seven rooms. The house he named ‘Beechworth’ was built at an estimated cost of £1600 by builders W C Cooper of Burwood. The house remained in the Scott family until 1965, when the house was sold to Jakov Borysenko, a ‘Smiths Assistant’, for £8800.
Strathfield Council Building Register Vol.2
Department of the Valuer General NSW – Valuation List – Valuation District of Strathfield 1924, 1933, 1947, 1951