By Cathy Jones
’Munna’ 38 Broughton Rd Homebush is located on section 7 of the Village of Homebush Estate, an 1878 subdivision of the part of the Underwood Estate. The house is single storey brick Federation house with a slate roof
This house was built in 1913 for its owner Warwick Clarke of Broughton Rd. Construction of the house was approved in September 1913 for a brick cottage of 4+ rooms with a slate roof at the estimated value of £760. The builder was H B Turnbull, Croydon. The house was named Munna.
Clarke owned the house until c.1945 when ownership transferred to Wallace Faulkner, chemical industry worker. The house continued to be owned by Faulkner until the 1960s.
Department of Valuer-General, Valuation List, Municipality of Strathfield
Sands Sydney and Suburban Directory
Strathfield Council Building Register