By Cathy Jones
’Eloeura’ 36 Broughton Rd Homebush is located on section 7 of the Village of Homebush Estate, an 1878 subdivision of the part of the Underwood Estate. The house is single storey weatherboard house with a slate roof.
This house was built in 1913 for its owner James Lampard. Construction of the house was approved in September 1913 for a wooden cottage of 4+ rooms with a slate roof at the estimated value of £350. The builder was R E Cooper, Cavendish Street, Stanmore. The house was named ‘Albertson’. By 1920, ownership of the house transferred to Mrs Honorah Morse.
Morse owned the house until c.1945 when ownership transferred to James Rafferty, railway employee. The house continued to be owned by Rafferty until the 1960s.
The house is currently known as ‘Eloeura’.
Department of Valuer-General, Valuation List, Municipality of Strathfield
Sands Sydney and Suburban Directory
Strathfield Council Building Register