By Cathy Jones
The Homebush Council Chambers were built in 1912 on Parramatta Road, corner Wentworth Rd (now Park Road), Homebush. A contract issued to architects Slatyer and Shiels (Charles Slatyer and Nico Shiels) to build a Council Chambers. It was emphasised that the Chambers should resemble a house which could be converted should be later merged. The Council Chambers, were indeed modest, being a single brick dwelling and a tiled roof. The builder was H T Seymour, Marrickville.
‘New Works’. (1912 September 24). Daily Telegraph, p7