‘Glen Ayr’ The Boulevarde Strathfield


‘Lynton’ was built by Walter Sewell Buzacott, proprietor of a ships chandlery business, on the corner of The Boulevarde and Strathfield Avenue in 1883.

Peter Mathieson, successful city businessman (tobacco, retail and property), lived at ‘Lynton’, then renamed ‘Glen Ayr’ from 1906 to his death in 1953. Following Mathieson’s death, the property was sold to John Olley Sherwood, a prominent tennis player of the 1920’s.

Sherwood  subdivided the land into six lots, which were sold in 1953 and ‘Glen Ayr’ was demolished.