The Ford Motor Company operated a car manufacturing and assembly plant in Homebush on Parramatta Road from 1936 to 1994. The plant was a large local employer, employing at its peak 1200 workers with the factory operating 24 hours per day. Many homes in the adjacent Telopea Avenue were built by Ford for their employees.
The first car produced at Homebush was the 1936 Ford V8 and the last car made was the Ford Laser.
From 1995-c.2000, the site was used as a Linfox distribution centre. The site was then redeveloped as the Campus Homebush Business Park in 2005. The façade of the former Ford Factory Building facing Parramatta Road was retained as part of the development and is heritage listed on the Strathfield Local Environmental Plan.