By Cathy Jones
19 Strathfield Avenue was built on the subdivision of the grounds of ‘Strathfield House’ from the estate of Joseph Vickery.
In 1937, Hal Boydle, an engineer and his wife Amy purchased lot 6 from this estate and in May 1939, an application for building of a brick house of six rooms at cost of £1650 was approved by Strathfield Council.
By 1957, ownership of this house was transferred to John Roberts-Jones, a manager.
Department of Valuer-General, Valuation Lists, Municipality of Strathfield
Strathfield Council Building Register