The shopping centre at the crossroads of Liverpool Road, The Boulevarde and Coronation Parade Enfield is also known as ‘The Broadway’. This is also the boundary between Strathfield and Burwood Councils.
The shops located on the western side of Liverpool Road between Mintaro and Hunter Streets were built in the early 1920s by Ebenenzer Ford. Ford was Mayor of Enfield (1915-17, 1920-29) and President of the Western Suburbs Hospital.
The centre was serviced by buses and until 1948, the Enfield to Mortlake/Cabarita Tram.