by Cathy Jones
‘Radstoke’ is located at 2 Malvern Crescent Strathfield, partially located on the land on which the home of stockbroker Thomas James Thompson (1830-1917) ‘Malvern’ once stood. ‘Malvern’ was built c.1870 and stood until c.1919, when it was demolished.
Dr Walter Burfitt applied for building approval to build a new house on this site. The house ‘Radstoke’ was built in 1920. In 1923, the house was sold to Arthur Wilkinson, who commenced subdividing the grounds of the house. In 1951, another subdivision occurred which created the street Malvern Crescent and changed the frontage of ‘Radstoke’ to 2 Malvern Crescent.