The current crisis is extremely challenging but I am very concerned about the impact on our local businesses. Our local shops provide our local services and employ many people, but may be forced to close without support.
I was at Homebush Village at lunchtime and heard first-hand how badly affected many of the shops are by the drop in business activity.
Most of the shops are open and the cafes and restaurants are doing takeaways. If we want them to survive the current crisis and keep employing people, we need to support them. Otherwise they won’t be there when the situation improves.
Buy your lunch or dinner, take it home, go to one of the parks and eat outdoors. The possibilities are endless. BUT PLEASE KEEP SHOPPING AT OUR LOCAL SHOPS.
There are local centres in the Strathfield-Homebush district at:
- Strathfield Town Centre and Strathfield Plaza
- Homebush Village Shopping Centre, Rochester Street, Burlington Road and The Crescent Homebush
- Homebush West Town Centre, The Crescent and Henley Road Homebush West.
- Strathfield South Shopping Centre, Liverpool Road and Homebush Road. Don’t forget Broadway, intersection at The Boulevarde, Liverpool Road and Coronation Parade.
- Cave Road shops at Strathfield, near the Bay to Bay footpath and cycleway.
If anyone has updates on local businesses and services, please post below.
Photo credit – this is a photo of Walter Hales Butcher at 1 Rochester Street Homebush from c.1915. This ad was published in a Wilson’s Guide, which was undated but seems to be c.1915 based on other content. This is no longer a butcher shop but the building still exists.